I am a mother to a feisty 5 year old who is my entire world. I practice gentle parenting, and believe wholeheartedly in the attachment parenting model. I support extended breastfeeding, safe co-sleeping, evidence based decisions on vaccines and medical interventions, and am an intactivist. I believe in serving and empowering women and families as they make the transition into parenthood and have carried passion for this for many years.
Because of my passion I specialize in working with families (not just women, but also partners) who have suffered birth trauma, sexual trauma, suffer from PTSD and anxiety, though I am happy to work with women of all backgrounds as they pass into parenthood.
In addition to my CAPPA-trained (2016) Doula Services I am starting the process of becoming a Midwives' Assistant and plan to attend Midwifery School in the next 1-3 years.
I am also the talent behind Ripenstitch and enjoy bringing organic, sensible (and cute) clothing and accessories into the local market!
Continued Education Credits:
- Prenatal Mental Health: What All Perinatal Professional Need to Know
- Supporting natural Childbirth in the Hospital Setting
- Business & marketing for Birth Professionals
- Your Long-Term Career as a Mother-Baby Professional: Preventing Burnout and the Practice of Self-Care
- How to Help Families get Evidence Based Care